Thursday, August 07, 2008

Tagged!

Marius tagged me with the quest to tell you four things about me you should know before inviting me to your house. Hmm… Four things…. Well, how about…

1. I am very bad with oranges. We really don’t get along. Please don’t plan on serving any, and please don’t clean with orange oil products. If you do, please let the house air out very well before inviting me over. Really. I find it very bad manners to collapse in a host’s home, so please help me out. Drinking OJ around me is cool, for those who are really into mimosas, but don’t ask me to imbibe.

2. Don’t be hurt if I turn down your invitation. It’s nothing personal, but I don’t have a lot of free time, so I am probably not available. I am not saying don’t bother inviting me, ‘cause I love to attend soirees when I have the opportunity, but the ones I can make are few and far between. Advance notice always works best.

3. Like Marius, I tend to be most comfortable around those I know. Unlike him, I’ll probably show even if I don’t know anyone, but I’ll most likely find a quiet spot in the corner to sit unobtrusively and observe.

4. In a major contradiction, I like to be in the spotlight, but not the center of attention. Did that make any sense? I enjoy sitting around, telling stories and jokes and entertaining the other guests, but I don’t like being the entire focus of the whole gathering. I don’t think I am explaining this well… I am a landed Baron in the SCA, so I often have to sit up in front of a large crowd, holding court and leading the ceremonies, and I have no problem with this. But I do have a problem getting called up before the King to receive awards. I don’t know what to say or do and I feel uncomfortable. I suppose it is a control issue. At any rate, don’t throw me a surprise party, and I should be just fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home