Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Small World....

I work as the General Manager of a small chain of coffee shops. I work with friends, and love it.

I was manning one store last night, when a customer pulled up to the drive thru speaker. Her voice sounded oddly familiar, but I couldn't place it. She'd placed her order and pulled up to the window. I glanced out and thought that she looked very familiar as well, but still couldn't place her. I handed her the drinks, and she handed me a credit card to pay - that's when it all came together (well, of course you'd know, once you had her name, you nitwit!). I'd gone to high school with the lady. Hadn't seen her in 23 years. How weird is that?

Okay, it's not "movie of the week" material, but I thought it odd to run into someone you hadn't seen in over 20 years, at a coffee shop 300 miles away.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yo, Turtle-Dude!

Love the blog. Now I have another excuse to sit and stare at my computer at work. ;-)

By the by, send me the name of the lady in question privately if she's someone I would remember.

Later,
Marius

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home