Thursday, May 22, 2008

Olio

So many pieces of odd this week….

Todd Davis, the founder of “Lifelock”, the identity security firm, seems to be in deep dookey. You know the guy… The one in the commercials, running around showing off his Social Security Number, daring anyone to steal his identity? Well, apparently several folks have successfully done so, and now he is being sued for fraud. Sucks to be you. And you. And you…

Then, there is this. I’d heard they’d cloned a dog, and, jokingly, thought to myself, ‘How long before they offer this as a service for doting pet owners?’ “Not long at all” is the obvious answer. Yikes.

And so David is the big winner of American Idol! Yay! I was rooting for David. Or was it David? Either way, I knew David would win! Actually, I don’t give a flying fig, and haven’t watched a single episode, though, from what I hear, the whole season was, basically, a train wreck full of nuns. It was horrific, but people just couldn’t turn away…

From the “what the hell were they thinking” files, a couple of vandals hit Stone Henge this week. They were, apparently, looking for souvenirs, so they took to the 5000 year old edifice with a hammer and screwdriver, and were chased off by security guards. And here I was thinking that Ancient Artifact Defacement Day wasn’t for another month….

Speaking of morons, I worked at the bar last night. It is “Summer A” session, and things are about as slow as they get. I was working alone, as they’d sent my co-bartender home, for lack of business. By 11:30, after having been serving for 2 hours, we’d made $8 between the two of us. I’d like to say that it was busy enough to keep me hopping, but I was, basically, sitting around with my hands in my pockets for most of the evening. One “gentleman”, asked to close out his tab. I ran the credit card and handed him the slips. He picked them up and, being that he was somewhat intoxicated, not so stealthily turned around and ran out the door. What, precisely, were you trying to accomplish, Mr. Tard? All I need do is press a button to reprint the slips; I ‘swiped’ the card instead of running the numbers; and I have you on security camera making your orders. You *will* be charged for your purchases. The only thing you got away with was not tipping me, as I can’t add a tip onto the charge. But now, because of your slick maneuver, we are all aware of what a complete jackass you are and you’re banned from the bar. Nice work, ass-hat.

Last night was also the 2 year anniversary of Scout’s death. He died at a fighter practice in my backyard. I was pretty torn up over his death, and still have some lingering issues. Time heals all wounds, they say. They just don’t say how much time…

On a positive note, I shall be getting’ hitched this weekend, so the week should end on a upswing. Have a great weekend, everybody!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I had heard about that Davis guy, and laughed my ass off. Those ads had always struck me as being firmly in the 'too good to be true' department. Maybe he'll get a cell with the Enzyte asshat.

The wife and I were discussing the dog cloning scam yesterday. I wonder how long it will take before these over-wealthy, undereducated idiots realize that just because you clone Muffy, it won't be the same dog.

And I'm looking forward to the nuptials manana, dude man. Can't wait. :-)

4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home