Thursday, August 28, 2008

Srsly??

So, you all know that I tend bar for my "night job". My day is a bit more convoluted, but basically, I process commercial contracts for a natural gas supplier. (Insert joke here.) I take the contracts from the sales reps, check them over to make sure all the eyes are crossed and the tees are dotted. If I can find missing info on my own, I fill it in. Otherwise I send back to the reps to correct.

One of the most commonly left out bits is the "nature of business"; what the company does. It is a mandatory piece of info, and is designated as such on the form, but most reps don't bother filling it in. I can usually find the info readily, but sometimes it takes a bit of investigation. There is a website (Manta) that displays a lot of public corporate info, so I tend to look there a lot.

A recent business I processed has me a bit kerfuffled. The rep didn't mark it down, and the name wasn't terribly revealing, so I looked it up, and managed to find it.

Are you ready?

It is a combination business.

Sure you're ready?

It is a slaughter-house... and a school bus service.

I bet those are some damn well-behaved students on that bus!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well, I...um...uh...ah forget it. I can't think of anything funny to say. Sometimes truth really is messed up. Although I did just get a mental image of the bus driver from South Park wearing a blood spattered apron.

4:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Little Johnny comes home from his first day at school.

"Mommy, why does the school bus have these funny, shiny ceiling fans and red paint inside?"

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home