Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Follow the yellow brick....bike path

Faithful readers,

Perhaps you may recall my story past of Phil the Angry Dwarf. Well, Phil almost changed his name to Phil the Angry Red Stain on 53rd Avenue today.

I was out running errands for the coffee shops, and was on my way home. There, on the side of the road, riding his bicycle, was Phil. From behind, one may believe the rider to be a small child, but having travelled this path many times before, I knew it was Phil. What I didn't know was that Phil, for some inexplicable reason, was going to swerve out of the bike path and into traffic, directly in front of me. Luckily, there was a break in oncoming traffic and I was able to brake and swerve around him, so Phil is still Angry Dwarf, and not vehicular statistic.

For reasons unbeknownst to me, my fortune has been in the karmic toilet of late. I'm pretty sure that pancaking a pixie is the cosmic equivalent of a double flush.... It was a close call, by a matter of inches, but all's well that ends well.

Stick to the road, stay off of the moors..... Or rather, stick to the back paths, stay off of the roooooads. You listening Phil? I may have issue with your sunny demeanor, but I still don't feel like scraping you off of my bumper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home