Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Catching up...

I haven't posted in a while, so thought I'd give a brief summation of the last week or so.

Last weekend: Worked like a dog. In a nutshell, it sucked. I worked all day at the coffee shop, left at 9pm and headed for the bar, and worked until 5am. Got up on Saturday, went to the bar at 2pm and worked 'til 5am. Sunday got up and went to coffee shop, and worked all day, until close.

That's pretty much it. That was my weekend. No frills. No fun. No tales of excitement. Yippee. Okay, I made some moolah, but had a lot of cheapskates, too.

I'm still trying to "heal up" from the weekend. I'm getting too old to be on my feet for 15 hours a day. My poor body aches all over. Even my hair hurts. Okay, not really, but you get the picture. Tired. I'm tired, tired of playing the game. Ain't it a freakin' shame. I'm so...let's face it, everything below the waist is ka-put.

My Love Life: Pretty much non-existent, which is fine by me. I'm still kind of healing, so there's no rush on that. When the right time comes, and the right girl comes along, then wonderful. Until that day, I am doing just fine.

I do, however, have a sort of encounter hanging in the air. Not. The local CBS advertising rep, Kelly, is a very bold, brash lady. Very New Yorker. She's a sweetheart, but pretty much says whatever is on her mind. She brought in a poster for us to hang in the shop, advertising some function or another. On the poster is a picture of a lovely young lady in a bikini, sitting on a Harley Davidson. I mentioned that she was very cute. Kelly went off on how she was a good friend of hers, very smart (she's an accountant when she isn't working as a model), very sweet, has a great sense of humor, and that the two of us should meet, and would make a great couple. Ummmm. Riiiiiiiight. Hello? I know you're standing here talking to me, but can you actually see me? I am not exactly the "going out with model" kind of guy. She's young, gorgeous, has a belly you could bounce a quarter off of... I'm not handsome. I'm not exactly in shape. I'm not rich. This girl wouldn't give me the time of day. Yes, I realize that I am pre-judging this poor girl before ever meeting her, but c'mon! Let's be realistic! My self-confidence is pretty low to start with, I don't need to add to it by getting shot down by a model... Wait, maybe that's a good thing? If you're going to get shot down, might as well be by someone waaaay out of your league. N'est pas?

Worklife: One of my employees tried to kill me. Sort of. I accidentally bumped her one day, and knocked her halfway across the shop, so it's become an ongoing kind of game. She'll start acting all tough and viscious, and I'll give her a nudge that sends her back stumbling. In typical fashion, she looked at me the other day and said, "I'm going to get you, some time." Five minutes later, when I was talking to a customer in the drive through, she opened the under counter refrigerator, and slammed the door into my Achilles tendon. Ouch. I almost went down, but managed to stay on my feet. I wasn't going to give her the satisfaction of putting me on the ground. She was very sorry, and insisted, over and over that it was an accident, but I have to wonder.... Hmmmmm.......

Had a drunk wander into the shop the other night. Asked Josh to call 9-4-1-1. What is that? Information about the police? Insisted that his wife and son stole his 3 cars. Ended up passing out in the parking lot. Poor Josh gets all the creepies.

Apart from that, it's been a relatively uneventful week. No drunk girls hitting on me... Hey, that's it! I'll get the model drunk! And then.....stay up all night keeping her from pulling a Jim Morrison.... Naw, that won't work. Nothing spoils romance like a technicolor yawn.....

Anyway, that's all for me. I'll have to come up with something actually witty and interesting for my next post. Well, don't quote me on that.....

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have heard, on numerous occasions, that model types actually get pretty lonely because most guys are scared to ask them out. Just sayin...

And I would be very interested in meeting a woman who could steal three cars at once. That's talent.

4:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's true. Beautiful, smart and/or talented women are some of the loneliest people in the world. Men are afraid to approach them because they are intimidated, don't feel that they can be the "lead" in such a relationship, or just think the woman is "out of their league".

Other women are even worse. They see the beautiful, smart and talented woman as direct competition - even if they don't do the same things or travel in the same circles. They often will do whatever it takes to try to "bring the other woman down". Chick X is intimidated by Chick Y, so Chick X makes sure all of her friends ALSO hate Chick Y even if that means lying about her, inventing insults, twisting facts, or whatever else it takes. They may not even be consciously aware that they are doing it.

Beautiful, smart and talented women are often society's outcasts. Think about it.

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that you're still hurting, so I wouldn't approach ANYONE as if you are intent on a romantic relationship. Build friendships and if more happens, great! But don't reject this lady off-hand because she's a gorgeous model. Heck, some of America's most beautiful women have married some of America's UGLIEST men - like Julia Roberts and Lyle Lovett. Not that you're ugly... of that I think Julia Roberts is beautiful... or.... ah heck. You know what I mean.

D

11:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And given your musical quote I think Turtle Von Schtupp has a nice ring to it.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

I've heard that the smart, lovely lones are very lonely, but I still have a hard time buying into it. As much as some guys are intimidated (myself included), others are extremely bold and will hit on anything with breasts and a pulse. I see it all the time. Granted, these "hit on 99 and maybe the 100th will accept" schmucks are complete losers, and thoroughly pathetic... I'm not saying that they aren't lonely, as I am not a lovely supermodel who suffers such conditions, just that I have a hard time believing it.

And you are absolutely correct, "D". Friendship is much more important than romance at this point in my life. It is my belief that the best relationships begin in friendship, anyway. Shouldn't couples be friends, as well as lovers? And, incidentally, I've never thought much of Julia Roberts, but did wonder what the heck she was thinking with LL....

And thanks, Marius, for picking up on the quote. BTW, didja notice I linked to your blog? Read it folks. He's a ranter. Interesting stuff.

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home