Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Turtle went a'courtin' he do go, uh huh....

Well, I had to work Friday evening, as usual at the bar, but the rest of the weekend was all mine, to do with as I wished. What I wished was to spend it in the company of a certain Rabid Attack Sheep.

It started Saturday morning with an early drive to Tampa, to pick up R.A.S., followed by a drive to New Smyrna. I dreaded this part. Not that I minded the plan at all, which was to spend the day with R.A.S.'s friends/"adopted family". I rather like them, and don't begrudge the time spent with them at all. I just knew that I wouldn't get a full night's sleep on Friday, and then have to drive.... a lot. But that's okay. R.A.S. has already sacrificed for my benefit, and I don't mind at all. Just a little dread.... :)

The drive to Tampa was uneventful, and the drive t NS was pleasant, as it was spent in very good company. We even managed to find a fuzzy Pez sheep dispenser along the way... Funny. I was warned of possible Chinese take-out, as a previous attempt at turkey, last Thanksgiving, was not too successful... We shall see what the day holds.... We weathered bad weather, but arrived safely, and, after some short time of socializing, dinner was ready, and the turkey was just fine.

The company was quite pleasant, including the "crazy" uncle, whom I found qutie amusing, and not at all embarrassing. Then, as the evening started to creep upon us, we had to make our way back to Tampa. Crash space was offered, but the house was already pretty full, and R.A.S. and I wanted some "alone time", something we've not really had much opportunity t experience of late. Another uneventful drive, and we arrived back in Tampa.

The only activity on the agenda was sleep, as we were both worn out. Impy decided that I was an acceptable heat source, and slept on me the entire evening. I'm sort of used to this, as I have cats of my own (what did you think I meant??), so it wasn't too bad. Sunday morning arrived, and kind of passed, as we decided the the best activity possible was to stay in bed, and sleep. (Get your minds out of the gutter!)

We decided, upon finally crawling out of bed at a deliciously late hour, that we should pursue some kind of activity, so as not to be complete lazy slugs. Partial slugdom is, apparently, okay... After some perusal of the movie options, and reading some reviews, we decided to get lunch and see "Munich". Most of the reviews were "okay", but one complained that the movie was too complex and confusing, for the reviewer and most of the audience. This worried us a little, but we thought we'd give it a shot. After seeing the movie, we determined that said reviewer must be either a) a junior high school student or b) a complete moron or c) on crack. Yes, the movie was pretty intense, and somewhat violent, but hardly confusing. It was pretty much straightforward.

We decided that we'd had enough of this "out in the public not being lazy slugs" routine, and picked up a "metric butt ton" of Chinese and headed back to the Sheep Pen. We spent the evening munching on various Chinese dishes, and laughing like idiots at the Olympics, which were not, I imagine, intended to be funny. C'mon! Ski jumping?? "He almost lost it, but managed to flare it away with his shoulders." What??? He's certainly an aggressive jumper!" Huh??? What, did he have a snarl on his lips?? He looked just like every other guy out there! And who names their kid "Roar"??? The snowboarding was the best. The names of the stunts (what exactly is a half fakee, anyway?) and hearing "America's Heroes" saying things like "Dude, I totally tripped out when I decked!", was almost too much. Thank goodness the "Flying Tomato" came through and won the gold! It was a lazy evening, to top off a lazy morning, and it felt nice. It was very comfortable. And over far too soon.

R.A.S. and I have become very comfortable in each other's company in an amazingly short amount of time, but it really hasn't been that short. We've been friends for a long time, and have been communicating for a while now, sort of dancing around each other, so it really isn't all that sudden. No, it is not sudden, but it is very nice, very comfortable, and feels very right. I am happy, for the first time in a long time. And happier than I have been in forever.

Life is good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dude, you got it bad, and that's ooooh so good. :-) Just try not to trip when you deck.

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home