Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Turtle and The Sheep...

No, not another fable by Aesop.

For those who haven't already heard through the grapevine, I am currently seeing Rabid Attack Sheep. I wouldn't exactly qualify us as "an item", as the popular rumor goes, but we're working on it. Right now, we're more in the "courtship" stage. I enjoy her company very much, and care for her a great deal. She makes me happy. (And I hope that I do the same for her.) Isn't that all that counts in this cruel ole world?

I have not been truly happy for over two years now, but now I am elated. And it shows. Russ, a tough old biker, who is a bartender at the dive next to the bar I work at, noticed. He came over the other night, after the bars closed, to share tales of the evenings idiots, as we are wont to do. He looked at me and said, "What's going on with you?" "What do you mean?" "You've been grumblin' around here for a couple of years, but now you're all smiles. Who're you seeing?" LOL, literally. "No one you'd know, Russ." "Well, I'm happy for you!"

I am happy. And that's all I ask of my friends. That they be happy for me as well.

5 Comments:

Blogger Countess Dulcia MacPherson said...

You make me happy too. =)

12:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And there was much rejoicing!! And is the multi-pierced avatar's human component anyone I know?(if yes, you can email me privately)

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) :) :)
Can I be happy for both of you?

Thorunn

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How awesome for both of you! From what precious little I've observed of each of the involved parties I think it's absolutely wonderful that you are, if nothing else, making each other happy :)

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

-does a happy dance-

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home