Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Ticked Off Tuesday

Well, technically, it all started Monday night, but since it was after midnight, I suppose Tuesday is appropriate.

The badness began when I went to vacuum the carpet at the shop, after closing. The vacuum was making funny noises. (Imagine throwing a sneaker in the dryer. A sneaker with a 1lb rock stuck in the sole...) I was reaching out with my foot to turn it off and check it out when it made a not so funny noise. It went "boom" and smoke starting pouring out. I quickly shut it off and unplugged it. Greeeeeeeeeeeat! Had to finish with the little Bissel push sweeper, which sucks. Or, more to the point, doesn't.

I then came home to discover that little Jake, who made it to his 6th birthday last weekend, but might not make it to 7, decided to cut off Gray Kitty's whiskers. Needless to say, I am a little irate. I'd half a mind to wake him up then and there and give him a piece of my mind, but he'd already been punished and sent to bed early, so what was the point. I did let him know first thing this morning that I was quite upset with him, and that what he did was very bad, very mean and very cruel. My cats are my kids, and "Daddy" is not at all happy. I honestly don't think that it sunk in to his little 6 year old brain, though.

Then, just to make matters worse, Jake went outside to play and left the door open, allowing GK to run outside. It's bad enough that he's lost a good bit of his navigational skills, but now he's outside with the handicap.

I realize that kids are kids, and will do such things, but it doesn't mean I have to like it... I really hope that there are no more suprises today.

3 Comments:

Blogger Countess Dulcia MacPherson said...

I hope that GK comes home soon and isn't too much the worse for his adventure. You can't blame him for wanting to get away from his tormenter though....

12:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You could always shave the kid's eyebrows off to see how he likes it.(I can be evil with other people's kids) ;-)

8:44 AM  
Blogger Turtle said...

The problem with saving his eyebrows is that it is not an apt retribution. One, it doesn't hurt. Two, it doesn't affect his navigational skills. And three, it'd probably make him look cool with the other kids and start a whole new fashion trend.

GK seems to be adjusting, and the whiskers have already started to grow back. I am still angry, but no longer wish to create a 6 yr old shaped hole in the wall...

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home