Thursday, December 22, 2005

A visit from St. Rick...

Marius paid me a surprise visit today. Well, it wasn't quite a surprise, as he'd emailed me yesterday and said he'd be in town. He wanted to buy a few things for his lovely wife at a little shop they'd found here a few years ago, so he came up for a few hours. Even if I was just a side trip (tho' I like to believe that I was the main reason, and the store was secondary...), it was very nice to see him. We had a pleasant lunch (with no pressurized ketchup) and hit the shop together. For some, this might sound like a boring afternoon, but I enjoyed it immensely. Spending time with dear old friends (yeah, I called you old, you phart) is a pasttime that should be enjoyed as often as possible. Thanks, my friend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I, too had a great time. It still amazes me how little the huge gaps of time twixt all of our gatherings seem to matter. I think once we get in a more comfortable place I'll do a lot more inviting and driving. And yes, I did come up there to see you, and remembered that shop as I was emailing you, ya big lug.
Hang on...I'm getting verklempt...talk amongst yourselves...I'll give you a topic...compassionate conservatives are neither compassionate, nor conservative...discuss.

;-)

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home