Thursday, December 22, 2005

A 25' Gorilla, 60 MPH Ketchup, and 2 Felines Influencing the Tides

Firstly, Kong. I'll keep it short and sweet, unlike the movie... It's long. Very long. Peter Jackson has a thing for making movies that tell the whole tale, but take a while to do it... Don't get me wrong; I liked it. I just didn't really love it. It is a good movie, and definitely deserves to be seen on the big screen, but it could have done without a couple of extraneous parts... I won't spoil the movie here, as I really do think it should be seen in the theaters, but go potty before you are seated...

Had a rare opportunity to go out and have a leisurely lunch the other day. I didn't feel like anything fancy, and really do like the french fries at Zaxby's, and they're right around the corner, so off I went. Ordered my meal, a basket of flavorful chicken tenders and the aforementioned fries, and went to the stand to fill my drink, and get some condiments. They have one of those little spouts for ketchup, including the tiny paper cups... My mistake came in thinking that it would be like any other topping dispenser... The red nectar shot out as though it were pressurized. It blew the cup out of my hand and sprayed ole #57 everywhere, including all over me. You could pressure-wash your house with this thing (as long as you don't mind your house being stained a certain shade of Hunts). I just stood there in a minor state of shock. The manager ran around the corner, apologizing profusely, and stated that he'd clean it up. Well, I'm not one for making a mess and leaving it, but this was a case wherein a "K Bomb" went off, leaving buildings intact, but coating all fries within a 50 yard radius, so I gladly stepped back and let him mop it up. The fries were still good, though....

Cats. What the hell are they thinking? What goes on in that tiny little brainpan of theirs? I ask this as I just watched my fleabrained furball, Gray Kitty go from a sound sleep, leaping to his feet as though a bomb went off beside him, flying 10' into the next room, and promptly plopping down and going back to sleep. Now, I know that all cats do this; even Oliver, my sedate, standard model, does it, but usually at a seemingly more relaxed pace. Gray Kitty does it with such a sense of urgency, that I am convinced that there are ulterior motives involved. It is my theory that they are closely linked to the rotation of the earth, and, being a little "slower", he sometimes forgets his duty and has to hightail it to the next spot, to keep our fair world spinning.... Either that, or he's simply a moron. A loveable moron, without a doubt, but a moron. Then again, I work 60-80 hours a week to make sure he has plenty to fill his belly with, and a roof over his head for the 20 hours a day he sleeps.... Who's the moron here?

2 Comments:

Blogger Turtle said...

Okay, I'm an idiot... I didn't even realize that I'd posted a mini-review of "Kong" a few days ago.... I blame it on the sinus infection I'm fighting, and the fact that it's kept me up all night for the last 2 nights....

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh. I was trying to figure out where I'd read almost the same sentiment about KK a few days back ;-)

Zaxby's does have good fries.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home