Monday, October 31, 2005

I saw Lon Cheney having tea....

Okay, it's All Hallow's Eve. Whoopeedeedoo. Not a single trick or treater. I am not surprised, as we don't usually get any. In this day and age, it is just too scary to let the wee ones wonder from door to door, soliciting treats.

But since it IS that spooky day, I've a question for you, gentle readers. What gives you the heeby-jeebies? What is it that truly creeps you out, sends shivers down your spine, and keeps you up for three nights straight?

My "biggie" originated from a low budget horror film from the mid 70's, namely "Trilogy of Terror". This is movie with 3 (duh) different storylines, all interwoven, all starring Karen Black. In one of the stories, a woman buys a small doll on a trip to Africa. Supposedly, the doll contains the spirit of a cannibal warrior, which is contained via the oh-so-secure tiny chain it wears. Naturally, the chain falls off and the doll comes to life, chasing the woman throughout her apartment. Let's just say this really freaked me out. Can't stand moving dolls. Animated playthings. Ugh! Poltergeist? Where the clown doll tries to strangle the kid? Uhn uh! Chucky movies? Fuggettabouttit! Even "Toy Story" kind of creeped me out, a little.

There you have it. I am afraid of dolls. How about you?

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Monsters, ghosties, ghoulies, things that go bump in the night all entertain me. What really scares me is the cold-blooded killer. The psychopath who considers human life disposable, who kills on a whim, with no mercy. I heard a little bit of the BTK testimony, and that scared the bejeezus out of me. I avoid all such films, stories, and news items whenever I can. Even the scene in Pulp Fiction, when Samuel L. Jackson shoots the dude on the couch just to punctuate a sentence totally creeped me out.

And tree frogs. I hate those creepy bastards. ;-)

6:42 AM  
Blogger Countess Dulcia MacPherson said...

Apacoalyptic religious fanatics scare me. Their predictions about the end of the world wig me out. I'm not sure what bothers me most: the utter disregard for life in general (ie: any living being who doesn't profess identical beliefs to those of the speaker, including all animal life, is going to suffer horribly, blah blah blah) or the fanatical glee with which they make such predictions. I try to avoid it, but if it comes on the tv, even the history channel runs this stuff, or I come across a web site, I'm sucked in... and left disturbed for days. I ran across this one the other day http://www.apocalypsesoon.org/

Hand in hand with those nuts are the ones who think that they are prophets, or worse, manifestations of God. Like this guy: http://www.holyconspiracy.com/archives/Jesus.htm He thinks that he is Jesus reborn. Go down the bottom of the first page and click on the "Can I prove I am Jesus? You bet. Click Here to Continue" link. Scary stuff.

Oh, and sharks. Sharks scare me.

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While the occasional scary movie watched too late at night and sans company will give me the willies for a night or so, what really creeps me out are the so-called normal people; namely the 50-something guys (like the one I work with) who just stare. They don't necessarily initiate any conversation other than maybe hello, but every time he comes to the front office, if I look up from my paper work or computer screen he's just standing there. Staring. THAT is what creeps me out for days. You just don't know what's going on in that head.

But then, I have some wee issues with certain types of men and several set off the creepy-detectors with me. But seriously, it's along the lines of the serial killer fear...they look like everyone else. shudder

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The painting of Jesus in my Grandmother's house.

Read why here

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you and I share the exact same heeby-jeebie!!!!! I saw "Trilogy of Terror" as a kid, too! That doll freaked me out as well. Years later, I was describing that show to my College roomate. She started making that crazy jagged-teeth grin complete with knife motions just like the doll. I literally scrambled backwards over the arm of the chair that I was sitting on 'cause she startled me so badly.

I also dislike clowns. The one in Poltergeist didn't help that at all.

[making Frankenstein motions]Dolls bad! Clowns bad! Grrrrr!!!!!!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You know what scares me? Seeing the same blog entry for 11 days! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home