Thursday, October 06, 2005

Dawn of the Dunderhead...

::Heavy sigh:: She's got to go. It's that simple. We have to fire an employee because she is just too stupid. We employ a young lady who is, to be polite, a complete and utter twit. It seems that every day she works brings a new and not-so-exciting problem. Tuesday evening I had to travel to the other store 3 times to fix her little "problems". The final one involved her counting down the register and ending up $180 short. I went over there, counted the register, got the same numbers she did, and found that the drawer was $1 over. We have a spreadsheet set up so that a monkey could balance the drawer. You enter the amount under the denomination. It's labeled. Count the 20's, put the amount down in the 20's column... She had the right amounts written down on a piece of paper, for whatever reason, but had entered a completely different set of numbers... I think she just made them up.

Today, she rang up the same order 4 times, because the drawer wouldn't open. (This is the 2nd time she's done something like this; the first time because she'd locked the drawer with the key that is not kept in the lock - why she put it in there in the first place, I'll never know...). Luckily I happened to be dropping off supplies at the time. She looked at me and said "The register needs a new roll of tape, and I didn't know if I should change it. Oh, yeah, the drawer won't open..." Hellllllloooooooo?? Did ya stop to think that the two just might be related??? And I'd already berated her for ringing up the same item multiple times the first time she pulled this.

Michael obviously did not give this one the "Lab Test" before hiring her. (Supposedly, you can test a labrador puppy's intelligence, but throwing a towel over it's head, and seeing how long it takes to get it off. I think this girl would have the towel on her head to this day...)

Stupidity should be painful. At least she'd feel some of the misery from all the headaches she's been giving to me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home