Thursday, October 13, 2005

The Professor...

Okay, I won't launch into a diatribe about how the professor could make batteries out of coconuts yet couldn't patch a hole in a boat... Nor what a man who holds six degrees in various subjects, including psychology, botany, biology and chemistry, and speaks multiple languages was doing as a "high school professor". I'm not even going to going to go into the fact that he was so oblivious that he couldn't see that Ginger and Mary Ann both wanted him, bad...

The professors skills and merits do play into the next "Island Question". If you had access to a man like the professor, who could build practically anything out of anything, what invention would you have him create? (Apart from the too obvious means of rescue...)

At this juncture, I'd have to go with a biorhythem monitoring device that would tell me when I'm about to do something that will result in pain and/or injury to my body....

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well, apart from the Professor's obvious homosexuality, he might just have been in that class of genius I have met on occasion: posseses the sum total of human knowledge, but has trouble tying his own shoes. Sometimes with great knowledge comes great stupidity.

As for the device I would want him to build, I'd have to go with a solar powered air conditioner. Oh, and a working toilet.

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or maybe he was dissatisfied with the jaded academia of college life and wanted a chance to mold young minds...or just a more captive audience.

Invention? Why, a coconut computer and Coconut modem. Gotta have my internet!

--me@coconut.com

6:33 PM  
Blogger Countess Dulcia MacPherson said...

Sorry for the delay in answering. I was trying to come up with something clever, and then I got caught up in the preparations for Wilma's visit... but now I'm sitting here, all the preparations I CAN do until we know something already done, but nothing new coming in because everyone else is in "wait mode" too... I wish I could go home and prepare there, but I have four more hours here. Anyhoo...

Since the A/C is already taken, and the toilet, I guess I'm going to have to go with a hot tub, a blender and a small oven. I mean, if I've got to sit around and wait to be rescued I wanna' do it from the comfort of my hot tub, while drinking banana and coconut daquaries and munching on banana chip cookies.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home