Thursday, December 08, 2005

Musings on a dreary Thursday

First and foremost, when I mentioned in my last post that I was looking for a new job, I was kidding. The only job that I know of that pays you to sit at home and do nothing is "lottery winner".

Secondly, enough of the "he's great" stuff. I truly do appreciate my friends and am gladdened by the fact that they hold so high an opinion of me, but it is really not necessary, and only serves to embarrass me. So, quit it.

In other news, the article came out in the local college rag. They, in typical media fashion, misquoted me left and right, and the picture is utterly horrible. I'm not that photogenic to start with, and they took it at 4 in the morn, after busting my behind on a particularly busy night... Oh, well. I figured that no one would see it and it would blow over without a fuss, but I heard no less than 5 times last night how I am "hanging on their fridge..." My fifteen minutes of fame, I guess.

Got my first Christmas card yesterday. It is from my brother and his new wife, and Tiffany, whoever the hell that is. I assume it's her daughter? Haven't a clue. This means but one thing; it's that dreaded time again. I love that my friends and family think enough to send cards, but I feel like such a heel. I am horrible at writing (as my not so frequent posts here can attest) and never send out any of my own. I even go so far as to buy boxes of cards some years, but they never get sent. It's not that I don't think about you all throughout the holidays, but just never get around to getting it done. So, in the event that I don't get around to it this year (and I won't), Happy Holidays!

Hmmm, the holidays. Bah Humbug! I'm not really a Scrooge, but sometimes I just don't get into the holiday spirit. I am usually done with my shopping early, mostly as I hate facing those crowds in the stores, but this year I am particularly slacking. I really haven't done much shopping at all. Perhaps the bug will hit me, and I'll get off my tush and do something about it, but for now, I am just feeling a little blaise about the whole thing. As I said, I am not a Scrooge, and I am not depressed, but I just don't feel like it right now. Is that so wrong? At least I can get stuff for the kids in my life. The adults can hang... Kidding! Love ya! Mean it!

Well, time to get back to the grind. I am just doing my part to keep this thing updated, even though I may not have a lot to say....

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Isn't he the best, folks? Even when he tells you to f**k off it's in the nicest possible way. This man deserves a sainthood. No, wait, a papacy. Pope Turtle the First. Has a nice ring to it, don't it? (I can only get away with this cause you'd have to drive two hours to hit me) ;-)

And I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who actually goes ahead and buys the box of cards, then finds it under a pile of stuff somewhere around January 3rd or so. All I can say is thank Ipthar for the internet. Now, at around 11:45pm on December 24th I can send out those cards that it just dawned on me to send.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Countess Dulcia MacPherson said...

I never get cards sent either... For years I would buy them and INTEND to get them sent, but never get it done. Then a couple years ago I bought them, wrote on all of them, addressed them and they languished for a lack of stamps.... that I never got around to buying (although I did stop at the post office, but the thought of waiting over an hour to buy stamps was daunting!). So for a couple years I didn't even pretend, I just enjoyed those I recieved. This year I actually thought about it but haven't made a commitment one way or the other yet.

There's been too much on my mind, I guess. sigh...

And yes, The Turtle is a SAINT. He even puts up with misbehaving sheep. =)

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home