Thursday, January 05, 2006

It's a brand spanking new year!

Lots of things have happened since last we met, boy and girls. The Yule has come and gone. Christmas was a non-event. Since the family is still trying to adjust from the hurricane season, the holiday wasn't all that spectacular. I spent it in Tampa with a squire & his lady. Nothing planned, just relax and enjoy. Or so I thought.... For an unplanned weekend, there were quite a few activities, but nothing too hectic. It was a very nice time.

New Year's was spent at an event, Hero of the Chalice. It was a wonderful time. Friday night found me getting challenged by a new-person. Said that me and my boys could not party, nor fight. We broke the poor boy. He tried to drink us under the table and ended up on the floor. Bad news for him. Bad news for me is that I drank far too much as well, but I wasn't nearly as bad off. Even worse off, he now has to make his way through all my boys, in SCA combat, to their satisfaction, and then has to face me. All joking aside, he will learn something. We're not going to beat him up, just give him a few good fights, and teach him to keep his mouth shut.....

Saturday was the list, and then, supposedly, the royal hunt. I was asked to be the "plains ape", which is a whole lot of fun... But it didn't happen. The schedule didn't get around to it. Bummer. I was able to spend some time with some friends, and that was more than enough. Had a very pleasant evening, even though I did called out to play bouncer.... Long story, but I had to chase an "ex" away from a very intoxicated lady. We got rid of him, got her poured into a car and off site. The rest of the evening was spent hanging out with the "boys". Only had a couple of beers, and headed for bed. Stayed up long enough to ring in the new year, with the gang, but not exactly with the one I'd have rather spent it with... Oh, well.

What it all comes down to is this: It's a whole new year, with a whole world of possibilities. There is a silver lining shining thru all these clouds, and the year is looking up. Bring on the rain, I've a smile on my face.....

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday season, and that the new year brings you and yours health, wealth and prosperity.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

May the Force be with you, Plains Ape! Happy Gnu Year!! :-)

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hero was fun, wasn't it? I know I reaaaalllllyyy needed an event, to see friends, and you helped make my New Years special.

BTW, I am hearing that some people are practicing to beat your record of spearing 32 Choc cherry bombs!

And, um, can I get the formula for that Washington Apple? I still can't believe I liked something with Pucker in it!

Huggs

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home