Thursday, March 02, 2006

Go away, little girl....

So.... last night at the bar, the doorman had to take a restroom break, and it was slow, so my barback and I said we'd watch the door. Three girls walk in, and my barback asks for their ID's. The first was valid and good, no problem. The second.... slight problem. Barback laughs, says "No way." She gets pissy. He hands ID to me, with out saying a word. I look at it and discover the "problem" right away. It listed her date of birth as 1977. This girl did not even look 21, yet alone 29. I told her that she's as close to 29 as I am... She replied "I'm not 29! I'm 21!" "Well, your ID says you're 29, so one of you is obviously lying. Either way, you're not coming in." Meanwhile, the third girl in the party hands her ID to barback. He laughs, hands it to me. It is an ID for the first girl who walked in. A girl who happens to be standing 3 feet away... How stupid do these punkass little girls think we are?

I know that they are away from home for the first time, and the atmosphere at college is party, party, party...., but why can't they party at their homes? Or friends homes? By going out and using fake IDs, which is a federal offense, by the by, they make themselves liable, but also the bartenders. If I serve an underage person, knowingly or not, I get fined and sent to jail. Not the youngster. Not the doorman who let her in. Me. It is a $1700 fine for me, a $2400 fine for the bar, and I get to spend the night in jail. Because Ellen Eighteenyearold wants to go to a bar with her friends. So *I* am the asshole who ruins their fun. *I* am the butthead here who won't let them drink. How the hell does that work???

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's the 'that doesn't mean me' syndrome. Many folks out there seem to think that the rules are only for 'other people' and not them. As for any concern that they might get someone else in trouble, well these dimbos thought you wouldn't notice that two of them tried to use the same ID, so I would imagine that their EEG tape would resemble a Nevada landscape. Next time just tell then that Girls Gone Wild is shooting at a neighboring establishment and I'll bet you they'll be gone in a heartbeat.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home