Thursday, August 11, 2005

Case o' the blahs

The problem with being known as a happy go lucky, funny individual is that you are not allowed to have an ordinary day. To be known as "upbeat" is to live a life of upbeatedness.

Therein the problem lies. For me, today is just a "blah" day. Nothing exciting, nothing noteworthy nor newsworthy. Nothing terribly wrong, nor devastating, nor even truly bad either. Just blah. But I can't walk around and be mellow and quiet, without being asked a million times what is wrong. Nothing is wrong, per se. Just blah.

This was the scene of me walking into work. (For the record, Darcy is a young lady that we have working for us at the shop. She is young, 18, with all the associated aspects therein, namely being exceptionally perky, but fairly cool, by my standards. She likes Boondock Saints, so she can't be all that bad...)

Darcy: Hey, buddy!
Me: Hey, Darcy.
D: What's wrong?
M: Nothing.
D: Something's wrong...
M: Nothing is wrong.
D: Something is. I'll find out, sooner or later...
M: Darcy, absolutely nothing is wrong. I'm just in a quiet mood.
D: Well, something is...

And that's the way the next 4 hours pretty much went. I kept getting the stare with the raised eyebrow, and the what's wrong inquiry every 15-20 minutes.

Why? Am I not allowed to have a quiet, introspective day? Every day is not all cake and ice cream. Some days are simply bologna sandwiches... I appreciate the concern, honestly, but for crying out loud, I am fine. These are not the droids you're looking for. Move along, move along.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You could always tell her that your beloved Aunt Matilda died, and left you $2million, but it's all in nickles. ;-)

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home