Monday, March 20, 2006

They're baaaaaack!

Okay, that refers to me and the rest of gang who'd gone to Gulf Wars, and to the students here in G'ville, who were on Spring Break. Speaking of classic horror movies, check out http://tinyurl.com/chlg5. It's the feel good movie of the year!

Yes, I am home from war. It was a delightful time. Sort of. Okay, it had its crummy moments, and I pretty much was heartsick the whole time from missing Sheeps, but it had its upsides as well. I'll write more on Gulf Wars later, when I have a little more free time, am not exhuasted, and am not going crazy here at the shop...

Just a quick story, from this evening... Sheeps had come to visit me last night, and was waiting at Chez Tortue when I got home from the war. This was a very nice thing. We got to spend what was left of the evening together, as well as most of today. We went and had dinner and she dropped me off at work before her long drive home. Actually, *I* dropped us off, as I was driving. I pulled into the little grassy area behind the parking lot, where the management always parks, so as not to take up actual customer parking. As I was getting out of the car, some asshat comes walking by on his way into the store and says "Hey cowboy! Park behind the building!" I replied that I was the manager and this was where we parked. "You can't park on the grass!" "I'll park where ever I damn well feel like it!" He walked into the store, regardless of insulting the manager, i.e. me.

I'd pretty much forgotten about him, until a few minutes ago, when my employee knocked on the office door, and told me that there was an angry customer that wanted to talk to me. What?? Can't be the same guy, that was 2 1/2 hours ago! So, I hauled myself out into the lobby to see what was the matter.

Sure enough, it was the same guy. "Do you always treat your customers so rudely?" "What are you talking about?" "My girlfriend says you were rude to us in the parking lot!" "I replied to your rudeness, if that's what you mean." "I'm a customer!" "No, you're not. Get out of my store." "I'm going to tell all my friends about this!" "Please do. Be sure to give them the whole story, though." He then proceded to "bow up" and try to get in my face, giving me the "evil eye". I wanted to laugh. I simply stared down at him and said, "You really need to leave now." (And hoping, beyond hope that he'd dare take a swing at me. Please?) He backed up, looked at me, and spit on my floor. I calmly pulled out my cell phone and dialed 911. "Yes, can I have an officer come to my location? I have a customer causing a scene in my store, and he spit on my floor when I asked him to leave. I'd like him trespassed, please." I got a sneer, as he turned around and walked, rather briskly out the door and toward the parking lot and left. I told the dispatcher that he'd left and wouldn't need the officer after all.

Some people are simply amazing. They think that they can act any way that they wish, and get away with it, because they are "customers". Guess what? They're wrong. The customer is not always right. Occasionally, they're an ass-hat. Remarkably, I remained rather calm through the whole thing.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You know, it's a damned good thing you occasionally swing sticks at willing pain recipients. Otherwise one of these days you'd be liable to just grab one of those recto-cranially reversed dipsh@ts and force feed them into the coffee grinder. You do seem to get more than your fair share of them.

And I'm really sorry I couldn't join you at the war. My cat got sick, as you can read on my blog. I was very touched by your invite, though. :-) Mayhap next year.

Welcome home, oh wandering tortuga.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Countess Dulcia MacPherson said...

Unbelievable! The guy took it upon himself to tell us where we could or could not park and was rude about it. You already know this, but if you need a witness.... sheesh. Besides he was a scrawny little punk. I'll bet *I* could beat him up.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Turtle said...

Interestingly enough, I related the tale to several officers who frequent our establishment. Dipsh@t violated several laws, including assault. They would have been more than happy to take him to jail. Dani, one of my employees, said I've been an ass-magnet lately.

Sorry you missed the war. Would have loved to have you. Maybe next year...

9:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dude, you've been an 'ass magnet' ever since you had to chase a couple of jerks with a sword in the high school parking lot. And you've always managed to do so without real violence. Kudos, Daniel-san. ;-)

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home