Thursday, August 03, 2006

Where in the world is.... Turtle Sandiego...?

So.... Last night at the bar, the Miller girls showed up. They weren't really scheduled, but we didn't have another promo, so "K" let them set up. They tend to be a little annoying, constantly asking for beers for their "taste challenge", but they are nice enough, and generally tip well.

Last time they showed up, they gave away a satellite radio receiver to the first bartender to sell 10 "buckets" (5 bottles of Miller Lite for $8). I wasn't anyway near close, and didn't really care, anyway. Last night, though, they were giving away a GPS to the first, and I did care. I got lost last weekend, and actually thought about getting one. I didn't, but I thought about it. And, being determined, I won. Yay!

My big win was brought about by a crew from a restaurant. There was 15 of them, and the "spokesperson" ordered 15 bottles of Bud Light. I talked him into the Miller Lite, as it was a much better deal. He bought two rounds, and asked me to keep the second in the cooler to keep cold. No prob.

No problem, that is, until the waitress started digging around in my cooler. "What are you doing??" "I need these." "You do not take beer out of my cooler! It messes up my inventory, and besides, those are already sold!" "Pffff! I'll replace them." And she walked off with 10 beers. I had to send my barback outside to the cooler to get another case, thus taking away from the time he could have been helping me serve drinks, and, hence, make more money.

I was perturbed. She couldn't understand why. At the end of the night, she approached me with a snotty attitude and asked, "What's the big deal?" I explained the big deal; that she took beer out of my cooler, which she is not allowed to do; that she took sold beer, so I was delayed serving my customer, which could affect my tip; she caused me to lose my barback for 10 minutes, in the busiest part of the night, so he and I both lost out on a lot of potential tips. She, apparently, didn't understand this.

"Fuck you!" was her oh, so adult response. I was not so polite in informing her that I would not partake of her diseased carcass were I threatened with death at gunpoint. Then she wanted to know why I didn't like her. So I told her. She's lazy. She steals my customers, as she'd rather sit behind my bar and take orders, instead of going out and working her tables. And I am tired of listening to her whine about how she doesn't make any money. When she is not being lazy and hanging out behind my bar, she can often be found sitting at a table with her friends. If she would get off her patoot a little, and actually do her job, she might actually make some money. I received another Einsteinian "Fuck you". "No thanks, I actually have taste and standards." Then, in a fit of complete un-reality, she convinced herself that I was joking, walked away saying "You really love me. I know you're just playing." No, I wasn't. I get a chance to be mean, and let someone have it with both barrels, and she doesn't believe me.... Sigh.

Oh, well, I won the contest anyway. Maybe next time, armed with my new GPS, I won't drive an hour out of my way.......

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I can just see it now, it has been a long, bloody woods battle, the warriors are scattered and wandering amongst the trees and the dead, confusion reigns. Suddenly a voice, loud and strong and somewhat turtley, rings out amongst the sanguined limbs. "Form up on me! I'm at 29° 41' N 82° 16' W!!

hee hee

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home