Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Schedule from HELL....

Ugh. Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun. Yay. Yippee. Ugh.

I just finished the work schedule for the coffee shop. It should have been done on Monday. No later than Wednesday afternoon, anyway. Here it is Thursday night, and I just got it done.

Here is a small part of my nightmarish world:

Three employees have gone home for the summer.
That leaves me with 14 to cover both shops. Eight shifts a day between the two.
Four of those are new employees, who really can't work alone.
Seven have requested Friday off, six of which want the entire weekend as well.

Let's go back to the part where I have 8 shifts to fill? Seven from 14 is 7.... Ugh.

I'll be covering a shift myself, then heading out to the bar, as it is the last friday before spring semester is over. It'll be insane. As soon as I am finished there, at oh-dark-thirty in the morning, I need to hit the road and head 2 hours south for an event that I must attend. Then it is back to the shop on Sunday, to close, as I have no one left to do it....

Two more leave next week for the summer.

Hello, desk. This is my forehead. Time for you two to meet.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home