Friday, April 21, 2006

Oy....

So, yesterday, I had one of those oh, so very rare things called a day off. I spent it, mostly, doing absolutely nothing. I did get a haircut, but that was about the only productive thing...

As a point of reference, the Independent Florida Alligator is the local college newspaper.

I'd left my cell phone at work the day before, and needed to run in and get it. While at the shop, two of my employees seemed a bit distressed. "What's wrong?", I mistakenly asked. They were worried, as there was a serial killer on the loose in Gainesville. "What??" Oh, no, not again! Danny Rolling put a major scare into this town back in '90. We definitely don't need this! "Yeah, according to the Alligator, they found five bodies since last Tuesday! You and T need to go out and catch this guy..." Oh, man, 5 bodies found in one week! Just like last time.... Wait. The Alligator? "Was that in today's Alligator?" "No, I think it was Tuesday's...." Heavy sigh. "The Alligator is running an series, on Tuesdays, celebrating 100 years of publication. They've been reprinting articles from the last 100 years. That one is from 1990, just like it says right at the top of the page there..." Shows how well my employees pay attention to detail.

Damn. Now I need to run to the hospital and get the rythym of my heartbeat reset.... Just as soon as I stop by the house and change my underwear... The bozos...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, at least they're reading. Now you can work on comprehension and attention to detail.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home